Introducing Hung Thoong Exploration, a brand new tour offered by Jungle Boss, set to debut in early January 2023. This tour is perfect for thrill-seekers and adventurers looking for an exhilarating challenge with an unforgettable reward.
Embark on a journey deep into the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, and explore the untapped beauty of the Hung Thoong Cave system. This includes the Nightmare Sharp Cave, Tron Cave, Hung Cave, and Thung Cave, with camping by the Hung Thoong River and the stunning Ma Da Crystal Lake.
What can you expect on this tour? This tour takes you through the wildest part of the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, an area that is rarely visited by tourists. Experience the best of Vietnam’s tropical jungle, hike through challenging terrain, cross rivers, explore caves, and meet our Jungle team.
The itinerary for the tour is as follows:
Day 1: Phong Nha- Road 20 Victory- Hung Cave- Tron Cave- Nuoc Lan lake Basecamp
- 8:00 am- Pick up for briefing at Jungle Boss Headquarter
- 8:30 am- Depart for Hung Thoong Exploration along Road 20 Victory
- 9:00 am- Start trekking through dense jungle to reach Hung Thoong
- 10:30 am- Stop by the Nightmare sinkhole which is 250m deep
- 11:00 am- Continue trekking to Hung Cave
- 12:00 pm- Picnic lunch at Hung Cave
- 1:00 pm- 3:00 pm- Explore Hung Cave, and trek to Nuoc Lan basecamp
- 3:30 pm- Swim 1.2km into Tron Cave
- 5:00 pm- Prepare campsite by Nuoc Lan lake
- 6:00 pm- 9:00 pm- Enjoy jungle dinner at basecamp
Day 2: Nuoc Lan basecamp- Hung Thoong Spring- Thung Cave- Nuoc Lan basecamp
- 8:00 am- Breakfast basecamp
- 9:00 am- 11:00 am- Trekking along Hung Thoong
- 11:30 am- Reach Hung Thoong Spring, relax, swim, and lunch at Hung Thoong Spring
- 1:00 pm- 3:00 pm- Explore Thung Cave
- 3:00 pm- 4:30 pm- Trek to Nuoc Lan basecamp
- 5:00 pm- Camp at Nuoc Lan lake
- 5:00 pm- 6:00 pm- Swim at the lake in Nuoc Lan basecamp
- 6:00 pm- 9:00 pm- Enjoy dinner with our local team at the campsite
Day 3: Nuoc Lan lake- Ma Da lake- Ho Chi Minh Road
- 8:00 am- Breakfast at Nuoc Lan basecamp
- 9:00 am- Trekking through the jungle to get to Ma Da valley
- 12:00 pm- Arrive at Ma Da lake for lunch and swim at the lake
- 1:30 pm- Start trekking to Ho Chi Minh road
- 3:00 pm- Arrive at Ho Chi Minh road. Jungle Boss bus picks you up at transfer to Jungle Boss Headquarters. Ends journey
What to bring
- Two sets of long trousers & long-sleeved shirts to avoid poison ivies and mosquitoes
- Two sets of changing clothes for the nights at basecamp
- Two pairs of long socks
- Small backpack
- Sandals or flip-flops & extra clothes
- Dry bag (optional)
- Hiking shoes (optional) or can borrow from Jungle Boss
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, toothpaste, and a toothbrush can borrow from Jungle Boss
The tour includes
- Tour Guide, Safety Assistant & Porter Team
- Entrance Fees (1,300,000vnd/pax)
- Transportation in Phong Nha
- Safety Equipment
- Camping gear
- All Food & Drink
- Use of trekking shoes Euro sizes 36-45 (We suggest bringing your own shoes if these do not suit you. We do not suggest Goretex/waterproof boots as these take a long time to dry)
- Use of towel
- 03kg of baggage carried by our porters
Frequently asked questions
Q: What services does Hung Thoong Exploration offer?
A: Hung Thoong Exploration provides services related to oil and gas exploration, including drilling, production, and facilities management.
Q: How long has Hung Thoong Exploration been in business?
A: I am not sure about the specific time, but Hung Thoong Exploration is a company that is involved in oil and gas exploration.
Q: What regions does Hung Thoong Exploration operate in?
A: I’m not sure about the specific regions, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration, Hung Thoong Exploration likely operates in areas with known oil and gas reserves.
Q: What is Hung Thoong Exploration’s current focus in terms of exploration and production?
A: I’m not sure about the current focus of Hung Thoong Exploration, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration and production, they likely focus on finding and extracting oil and gas in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Q: Does Hung Thoong Exploration have any partnerships or joint ventures with other companies in the industry?
A: I am not aware of any specific partnerships or joint ventures, but it is common for companies in the oil and gas industry to form partnerships or joint ventures to share resources and expertise.
Q: What is Hung Thoong Exploration’s safety record like?
A: I don’t have any information about the safety record of Hung Thoong Exploration, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration, they would likely prioritize safety in their operations to protect employees and the environment.
Q: How does Hung Thoong Exploration handle environmental concerns related to their operations?
A: I’m not sure about the specific approach of Hung Thoong Exploration, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration, they would likely have measures in place to minimize the environmental impact of their operations, such as implementing best practices for waste management and minimizing emissions.
Q: How does Hung Thoong Exploration compare to other companies in the industry in terms of size and capabilities?
A: I’m not sure about the specific comparison, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration, Hung Thoong Exploration likely has size and capabilities that are comparable to other companies in the industry.
Q: What is Hung Thoong Exploration’s approach to community engagement and social responsibility?
A: I’m not sure about the specific approach of Hung Thoong Exploration, but as a company involved in oil and gas exploration, they would likely have policies and practices in place to engage with local communities and be socially responsible, such as through community development programs and environmental stewardship initiatives.
Q: Does Hung Thoong Exploration have any plans for expansion or growth in the future?
A: I’m not sure about the specific plans of Hung Thoong Exploration, but as a company in the oil and gas industry, they would likely look for opportunities to expand and grow their operations in order to increase their profitability and competitiveness.
Please note that the tour is strenuous and only suitable for participants aged 15 years and above. The jungle trek is 17km and the cave exploration is 5km, with an optional 600m cave swim.
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the breathtaking beauty of the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and the Hung Thoong Cave system. Book your spot now with Jungle Boss and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!